Wednesday, February 26, 2014

White Chocolate and Nutella Truffles

Nutella and white chocolate truffles
I love truffles all year round but there is something kind of suggesting that they're perfect for the winter-into-spring transition. It's post-Valentine's day, and (many) thanks to my dad, I ended up with not one, but two, boxes of truffles this year. While it's safe to say that those are all gone by now, I am still craving truffles so I made some more! 


Homemade Nutella truffles

White Chocolate and Nutella Truffles, makes 15-18
7 ounces dark chocolate
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup Nutella
2 cups white chocolate chips
1 tablespoon oil (I used vegetable)
chocolate sprinkles (optional) 

In a double boiler (or a glass bowl set over simmering water) melt together the first four ingredients. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. If you leave the mixture in the refrigerator for longer than 2 hours, it will likely become too firm to work with. So just allow it to soften at room temperature until you can.
How to make truffles
Use a melon baller or spoon to form small balls. I powder my hands and spoon with cocoa, so the mixture is easier to work with and doesn't stick to everything. Once you have all the truffles formed, place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes. 

In the mean time, melt the white chocolate and oil in a microwave safe bowl. I will microwave on high for 30 seconds, then stir, and repeat until the chocolate is melted. Dip each truffle in the melted chocolate to coat it, then place on a sheet of wax paper.
Nutella truffles

Add the chocolate sprinkles as you work, before the white chocolate has time to set. I usually drizzle on just a little more chocolate to the tops at the end, just to be fancy. Let these set over night or pop in them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Enjoy! 


xoxo,
Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment