Thursday, November 28, 2013

Candied Ginger Cranberry Sauce

Cranberry sauce
I think I've only had fresh cranberry sauce maybe once before. I LOVE cranberries. I went through a big cranberry phase last autumn, so they sort of remind me of this time last year, which was (it turns out) a sort of new chapter in my life. But don't get me started on that! I think the holidays have me overly emotional today. Thinking about everything I have to be thankful for. 
Let's focus on the cranberry sauce. Here's something I learned this year: Cranberry sauce is uh-mazing on turkey. I think that's sort of it's purpose. Or at least it is for me now. Plus it take about 3 minutes to make. It's even easier than gravy.
Candied Ginger Cranberry Sauce
1 bag (12 oz.) fresh cranberries
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup triple sec
3-4 pieces candied ginger
1 tablespoon lemon zest
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until you achieved your desired texture. You can leave it more rustic and chunky, or you can pulse into a puree. Choose your own destiny. 
xx,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment