Monday, November 18, 2013

Nutella Pear Tart

Good morning readers! This is what heaven on a Saturday morning looks like. I was out of town in San Francisco to visit family, and my aunt is an uber experienced baker. So, we spent Saturday baking and watching Grey's Anatomy (someone please tell me that we're not the only ones who can go through an entire season in just one day). It took about 30 minutes to make and literally had us dancing around the kitchen and making slightly inappropriate sounds while eating it. 
Not only is this delightful little tart so rich, but it's hard to goof and totally mess-proof. All you need are 6 ingredients, the most important being Nutella. (Just a jar of this and a spoon is a dessert in itself.)
I used a frozen pie crust, but it would obviously taste even better with homemade crust. If you're this ambitious, I'm jealous. Touche.
1. Start by pressing your dough into an oven safe dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread a huge generous layer of Nutella across the crust.
3. Thinly slice and layer pears on top.
4. Melt about 1/3 cup of marmalade. Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Brush over the pears.
5. Lastly, chop and sprinkle hazelnuts over the top. (These could easily be substituted for chopped pecans or walnuts.)
6. Bake about 20 minutes until crust is golden brown.
It' really hard to post this without my mouth watering all over again...Man that tart won my heart. We shared a special moment together on Saturday. No one can take that away from us. When it comes to dessert, I get a little love sick. 
xx, J

No comments:

Post a Comment